The following changes have been completed since the release of v2.12 and are included in v2.20:
- Hot keys to change to previous / next file in panel or File Find results when using internal viewer (Alt-Up/Down).
- Position memory for viewer.
- Support for HA archiver.
- Support for GZip files.
- Support for TAR files (and thereby tar.gz files).
- File Find: Added function to delete ALL found files (Shift-F8).
- Editor: Append to clipboard function added (Ctrl-Shift-Insert).
- File Case: optionally recurse subdirectories, modifying files/directories/both.
- Brief-Wide view, like Brief view but 2 column instead of 3.
- File Find: Search multiple drives.
- Panels now adjust their spacing to use any number of columns, not just 80 and 132.
- Added bookmarking facility to editor using Ctrl-Shift-[Num 0-9] and Ctrl-[Num 0-9].
- Provide built-in commands $view and $edit to access the internal viewer & editor.
- Added a separate section in the INI file for directory entry colourization.
- Editor: Added Alt-Comma & Alt-Dot functions to find previous/next occurance of the word the cursor is on.
- Editor: Added Ctrl-W function, mark & copy word.
- Added drive mapping display to the drive change panel in place of the volume label for network drives.
- Work with ARJ SFXs made by the Win32 version of ARJ.
- Editor: Ctrl-A selects all text.
- Add drop down history to Shift-F3/4 dialog.
- OS/2: Sort file names by collating sequence instead of nls_strupr.
- OS/2: Ignore serial number on JFS drives, it changes on every boot.
- OS/2: Make mouse support work correctly on WSeB.
- Win32: Work around NT bug that prevented cursor from being turned off when running full screen.
- Viewer: Allow browsing files that are larger than 2GB.
- Column separator lines on Full/Wide view panels are now consistently the same colour, regardless of the text around it.
- Viewer: Adjusted hex view layout to allow 8 digit offset, providing correct display for files up to 4GB.
- OS/2: Added support for 64 bit file systems (EG JFS).
- Added 'follow' mode in viewer (Alt-F), follows the end of a growing file.
- Added ability to abort a directory compare when comparing file contents.
- Alt-\ now works in Copy/Move dialog, allowing selection of a recently visited directory as the target of the copy/move.
- Ctrl-Shift-F/J now works in File Find result list to copy the full path/name of the file to the clipboard.
- Added command history reverse search function with Shift-Ctrl-J/Enter.
- When a file name won't fit in the space available on a panel, keep the extension visible.
- Added support for Win2K's directory mount points when getting disk space.
- Clear ReadOnly attribute on files from DVD (UDF file system) as well as CD.
- !L wasn't putting spaces between file names.
- After using Alt-Enter (Shift-ENTER on Win32), command history position wasn't being reset like it is when just using Enter.
- File Find: Fixed corrupt display when deleting the only match while search is still running.
- Fixed User Menu where last characters of menu text were being truncated if they were non-English.
- Fixed case sensitivity of directory tree quick search with non-English characters.
- Wasn't handling Win32 ARJ self extracting files.
- NT only: Prevent errors being reported when copying directorys to a file system that doesn't support backup
semantics flag (esp Netware w/MS client).
- Fixed redirection of input/output from/to a quoted file name.
- Fixed bug where the handling of leading
./ on paths in archives didn't work if there were no other /'s in the path.
- OS/2: Fixed crash if EA data query appears to succeed but invalid data is returned. Caused crash when renaming files on NFS & possibly FTPFS drives.
- Win32: Fixed "Access Violation" errors merging directories including overwriting a directory tree from an archive.
If you haven't been keeping up to date you might like to see what was
New in V2.12