The following changes have been completed since the release of v1.51 and are included in v2.00:
- Editor: Undo function
- Editor: Bracket Match
- Editor: Indent/Unindent block function using Alt-Left/Right arrows.
- Associations for view and edit, allows automatic selection of specialized viewer/editor programs.
- For the supported archive types, the Archiver programs and command line options to them are now configurable in the INI file.
- Code page translation function in Viewer and Editor. Translates from a given code page to the current display code page.
- Panel filter supports boolean expressions instead of old, rather obscure syntax.
- Boolean expressions extended to support %size, %date, %age, %attrib operators.
- Viewer and Editor can have their TAB width set to any value from 1 to 8.
- Label edit using Alt-L on Info panel.
- Persistent command history.
- Physical free memory on Info panel.
- File Find made multithreaded, allowing view/edit/browse during search.
- New function: Shift-F5/6. Like F5/F6 but default new name never includes the path of the opposite panel.
- Added Ctrl-Shift-\ to set current directory to that of other panel.
- Once File Find has completed a search, results may be sorted by pressing Ctrl-[F3..F6]
- Win32 only: Pressing ALT with Ctrl F,J,Enter,[,] name/path pasting keys now give Windows short file names.
- Win32 only: Added ~ modifier for ! operators to give Windows short file names.
- Duplicate elimination in command history, only most recent copy is retained.
- Text search in command history window, like F7 in view/edit.
- Drop down history list added to key text entry fields, activated by Alt-DownArrow or mouse clickable arrow.
- The mass tagging keys (Grey +,-,* etc) will act with the Tag directories option reversed if Shift is also pressed.
- Whole word option added to string searches in internal viewer, editor and File Find contents search.
- Support for ACE archiver.
- Update tree size data with size of total files in current directory so that when 'Retained Dir Count'
is on the sizes stay more up to date.
- In Alt-F5 stored paths dialog, Insert sets an entry to the current panel's path.
- In Alt-F5 stored paths dialog, Delete can now clear an entry.
- Panel heading indicates when a panel filter is active.
- When calling view/edit from file find, propagate Case Sensitive setting.
- Drive label display in change drive dialog.
- Changes session title to reflect program being executed.
- When editing a file with read-only attribute set, now offers option to override RO on save.
- Workarounds added for problems copying to NFS drives.
- User menu is now scrollable.
- File Find now indicates search is complete by replacing the "Searching" flashing indicator with "Search Complete" or
"Search Stopped" if search was interrupted, followed by the count and total size of files found.
- Ctrl-Minus now restores cursor position as well as directory.
- Local user menus are now active in all subdirectories of the menu's directory.
- Viewer can now handle viewing files that are growing.
- In viewer hex mode, left/right arrow moves back/forward one byte.
- Ctrl-J now quotes names starting with a '-'.
- Optimized text search code used in View and File Find's "Containting" search
to be at least twice as fast (more like 6-10 times, depending on search string, if file is fully cached).
- Win32: Implemented ALT-[numpad] ASCII code entry.
- OS/2: When a file's name is changed during a copy/move, any .LONGNAME EA will be removed. This prevents incorrect display in WPS windows.
- RAR SFX files can now be entered.
- Quick keys for Brief/Full/Wide view change, Alt-Shift-F1/2/3
- When running a program via an association and one panel is off, the key bar would get scrolled up screen.
- Editor: Using Alt-L and entering 0 as line number crashed FC.
- Command lines longer than 200 characters would crash history list.
- If both panels view archives containing the same file name, viewing both would clash names in %TMP
- It wasn't possible to change a file's time to 0:00
- If "Full screen" option was changed while panels were off, panels were corrupt when turned back on.
- Tree wasn't sorted until fc2tree.dat first written.
- Fix for problem deleting read-only files from Netware drives.
- Ctrl-Right in editor doesn't behave as expected at the end of a line.
- Pressing enter on a CMD file that has spaces in its name fails.
- Trying to use Attribute modify on a tree view panel failed.
- Weird behaviour in user menus if .mnu ends in Ctrl-Z fixed.
- Entering a string in the 'Containing' field of 'File Find' longer than 100 characters caused trap.
- Editor: A 'shift tap' followed by a backspace or delete didn't work.
- Volumes with labels longer than 20 characters would crash FC.
- If subdirectories were more than 32 deep, tree view would crash.
- Workaround for Win98 keyboard problem, cursor keys didn't work due to an API change.
If you haven't been keeping up to date you might like to see what was
New in V1.51