The following changes have been completed since the release of v1.5 and are included in v1.51:
- Search & Replace in editor added.
- Added Skip and All options to Directory exists, merge with source? warning.
- Added function to create new archive (Shift-F5).
- Enhanced directory compare with date/size/contents options.
- Option added to delete confirm dialog to force delete files like "DEL /F" does.
- Ctrl-Shift-J copies current file name to the clipboard.
- Full support for volumes larger than 4GB.
- Speed up reading ZIPs.
- After Shift-F4, move cursor to file just edited.
- Add ! function list to online help of editor when editing user menus.
- If both panels are viewing archives, don't give error immediately after pressing F5. Instead give a path to the current panel (directory of archive).
- Number of files & bytes in the Info panel are now in highlight colour.
- Hex value of character under cursor added to edit status line.
- New colour config dialog. Now easier to add more colour options.
- Cursor now follows a renamed file/dir.
- Redirection that looks like 2> (redirect only stderr) is now understood by FC/2's CLI.
- Cleaned up error message in info line on drive read failure. Full text of error is now visible in the Info panel.
- Right mouse button click in editor now performs a page up/down.
- Removed 80 character limit on search text.
- Added Ctrl-X/C/V as Cut/Copy/Paste in editor & dialogs.
- In Date/Time editor, 0's were being suppressed
- When using only 1 panel, pressing Ctrl-L twice would give you two.
- Could get two info panels by selecting 'Info' from the Left/Right menu.
- Files in an archive that start with a character > 127 wouldn't show up.
- When extracting a directory from a subdirectory in an archive and target directory already exists, error "Directory already exists, cannot overwrite" occurs.
- When starting edit, the character code in status line wasn't the character the cursor is on, but the first character of the line.
- In older (pre v2) RAR archives, directories would show up as 0 length files.
- If archive being viewed in one panel is deleted in the other, first panel would still show archive contents.
- When attempting to F5-Copy to a non-existant directory, the error message should give the invalid destination path not the source file/directory name.
- Should be able to delete the contents of a directory even if some process has it as current. Just can't delete the directory itself.
- Attempting to enter certain files as a self extractor would crash.
- Some types of ZIP self extractors weren't recognized.
- Ctrl-Left/Right in viewer didn't work with NumPad arrows.
- If mouse hasn't been moved, F9 would always select Left menu even if right panel is current.
- Copying files with spaces in their names from a RAR failed.
- Mouse scrolling in history window didn't work.
- Scrolling in history window was broken.
- File names starting with a '-' need to be quoted when passed to an archiver.
- Netware drives with volume names longer than 11 characters were unreadable.
- Extracting tagged directories from a RAR didn't extract directory's contents.
- Fixed RAR reading code where subdir in a subdir was showing as a file as well.
- !i prompt doesn't resize if text is larger than default box size.
- Text search in viewer hex mode would highlight wrong position.
- Alt-O in viewer displays partial line at top causing up arrow to give duplicate text.
- Viewing a file in an archive would leave the text cursor on (full screen only).
- Recalling stored path to the root of an empty drive gave an 'Invalid directory' error.
- Trying to enter a ZIP who's name starts with a space failed.
- Adding a tagged file with spaces in its name to a ZIP failed.
- Deleting a tagged file with spaces in its name from a ZIP failed.
- Directory names in an archive were being analysed case-insensitively.
- When holding down SHIFT, the key bar didn't show F8's function.
- When overwriting files with 'Overwrite all' option, case of target file remained instead of being replaced by source file.
- Pressing END on a help page that was shorter than one page would crash.
- If Shift-F4 calls an external editor and either panel is off, the dialog failed to clear properly.
- Info panel didn't handle archives with 0 total uncompressed size.
- If 'Size Count Pause' enabled, sometimes the final update to the stats display wasn't being done.
I would like to thank all of the Beta testers,
who have made an invaluable contribution to the quality of File Commander/2.
If you haven't been keeping up to date you might like to see what was
New in V1.5