The following changes have been completed since the release of v2.30 and are included in v2.40:
- Support includes in user menu files.
- Unix port (Linux, FreeBSD, OpenSolaris).
- Win64 port.
- Use Unicode for all file names on Windows & Unix.
- Syntax highlighting in the viewer.
- Viewer and editor support for Unicode text files.
- Symbolic link support in Unix & Windows.
- Panels display a link's target.
- Ctrl-Shift-F5 creates a link.
- F8-Delete knows not to recurse into a link to a directory.
- Links to files require Windows Vista or later. Directory links require Windows 2000 or later and NTFS
- Support for 7zip archives.
- Support for bzip2 files.
- Scroll back viewer to browse previous program output (Only enabled for unix by default).
- File Information display (Ctrl-I) shows complete file metadata.
- OS/2 & Windows: Ctrl-Shift-E to eject removable media & Ctrl-Shift-L to load.
- Unix: Ctrl-M displays mount point selection list with eject function
- Change the search match highlight colour in the viewer from "Menu Bar" to "Highlight" which is consistent with the editor and more sensible.
- Preserve the case of environment variable names.
- Case insensitive matching is now Unicode based so will work with all languages.
- Allow re-sorting of File Find results before search has finished.
- Use a separate thread to update the file copy progress box to reduce flicker and improve copy speed.
- Editor: line length limit of 64kB removed.
- Windows: Don't query CWD of network drives at startup.
- Windows: Resolve subst'd drives when determining if a file can be moved without copy/delete.
- Added new syntax highlighting directive, "statechange" which allows more flexible state transitions.
- Added includes in syntax defintion file.
- Add support for Unicode file names in RAR archives.
- TAR file support improvements
- Fix checksum calculation when there are bytes in the header >127.
- Interpret file names as UTF-8.
- Added field in File Find to specify the code page used when searching files for the "Containing" string.
- Copy/Move: Add ability to specify overwrite mode in the initial dialog so that you don't have to wait for the first collision to occur.
- Add !lf operator to provide a list of tagged files with their full path.
- Add !tf (tagged file with full path).
- Add ability to remove an entry from command history with Delete key.
- Syntax Highlighter: Add /w flag for syntax states of "word scope" to assist with LISP keywords.
- Syntax Highlighter: Enable word characters to be redefined for each state.
- User Menu: Make menu item hot key work if specified in lower case in the mnu file. This used to work in 2.20 but was broken while adding support for sub-menus.
- Fix display of hex view when code page translation is active. Was "translating" the vertical bar separators.
- Fix file copy ETA overflowing copy progress dialog & causing screen corruption when a huge file copy starts off slowly.
- In Change Case, mixed mode should not capitalise the character after an apostrophe.
- In viewer, fix background colour of line continuation markers (right arrow at the end of a line that's longer than the window when unwrapped).
- Windows: Fix "Overwrite All Older" option on windows when using CopyFileEx.
- Multi-file search/replace confirmation prompt, extend box width if necessary to fit the text values and don't overflow box if text still won't fit.
- Fix !F when opposite panel is showing an archive's contents.
- Fix !t behaviour in archives.
If you haven't been keeping up to date you might like to see what was
New in V2.30