File Commander has a built in editor that, while providing only a basic set of features
(compared to a full featured editor like, say, Mr Ed or EPM) is very fast to enter,
making it perfect for ad-hoc edits to files you may want to alter while browsing your drives with FC/2.
Its main features are:
- Full cut / copy / paste capability using CUA standard keys (Ctrl-Insert, Shift-Insert, Shift-Delete).
The OS/2 PM or Windows clipboard is used to store text making it possible to transfer text to/from other
applications. Optionally, FC can use its own internal clipboard which is faster and still persistent between edits.
- Undo and Redo functions.
- Code page translation
- Indent block.
- Match brackets.
- Variable TAB size, anything between 1 and 8 characters.
- Files of virtually any size may be edited, though it is loaded into memory so large files may take a little
while to load.
- Auto Indent mode makes editing of source code much more efficient.
- Automatically adapts to any type of line terminator while loading the text file. Can save in either PC or UNIX format.
- Search for text, optionally case sensitive, forwards or backwards.
- Jump to a position in the file by line number.
- Basic Search and Replace function.